Monday, April 20, 2009

One of THOSE Moms

Hi Everyone
So growing up, we had a family that liked to perform. It seemed after every dinner get together one of us girls (sisters and cousins) put on a little show. Dance, piano, poetry reciting, singing, whatever. Most of the time these little acts were to make our parents proud. I just remember being horrible embarrassed when everyone complimented me on my piano skills after I played Fur Elise for the millionth time at the same skill level for two years in a row and horribly bored while my little sister and cousin twirled in tutus.

Usually you hear little toddlers quacking like ducks, barking like dogs and meowing like cats, but Sadie has a lion picture above her changing table and since she was little (well, littler), we've been distracting her while she gets changed by pointing out the lion and growling. One day, she did it. And not just a little roar, but like a demon possessed child or, like, well, like a real lion.

I never thought I'd be one of those moms who commanded everyone's attention on my offspring to show off their latest trick. And, really, I don't want to be either. But darn it all if these little tricks they do aren't so freaking cute that I can't help but become a Momma Rose in the worst possible way.

I spent the greater part of my weekend asking Sadie to growl like a lion. Poor thing was hoarse by the end of Sunday. Here she is after she's about had it with my stupid demand all together. The only thing that kept her from really losing it is that she loved to watch herself afterwards when I played the video back.



Anyway, I hope it ends here, with the funny little animal sounds. I hope I am not making Sadie do twirls in the middle of the living room for the delight of a bunch of grown ups...unless of course she wants to.

Love,
Rosalie

6 comments:

Jen said...

That was a very cute growl! Definitely worth showing off!

Unknown said...

That growl was totally mediocre. She did so many better ones that day. Either way she's the cutest!

Unknown said...

That growl was totally mediocre. She did so many better ones that day. Either way she's the cutest!

Anonymous said...

FYI: I have opened a new school called THE GROWL SCHOOL. I'm sure we can arrange for little Sadie to audition. It just means a trip to NYC (I can provide a couch) and several thousands of dollars for her tuition. However, being that I know you, I won't charge a thing. In fact, I'll give her a scholarship.
In fact, she doesn't have to audition at all. In fact,
please send her to me ASAP, growl or not.
xxxAuntie K, Administration TGS, NYC.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! She is precious and entertaining. Send her to Hollywood to see Auntie Robin.

anniemac said...

Such a good growl! So funny. Caroline does the daintiest little growl, more like a hiss really, but she has NEVER done it on cue, never! And I keep telling her to SING OUT but she won't do that either.... :)