Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy THANKSGIVING

Hi Everyone,
Holiday round one done. I hosted the event at our house in the woods. I spent Wednesday shopping and prepping most of the sides, brining the Turkey, making the cranberry sauce, so Thursday wouldn't be a big stressful juggling act. And, even with all that preparation and pre-thought, and my Aunts bringing dessert and drinks and Dan doing the potatoes, I was still a little bit of a wreck. Thanksgiving just does that to me. It's the task of getting everything on the table at once, and still warm, that drives me crazy.

Here I am probably caught between worrying out loud that the Turkey wasn't done enough and complaining about how Frida won't stop picking up Sadie's toys in her mouth or Sadie won't stop crawling over to Frida's dog bowl and splashing around in the water...




Hannah came over early in the morning to help with the baby while I did the rest of the meal. And I played my own little version of Top Design with her. Even though she doesn't watch that much TV and had no idea what I was talking about, it was still fun. I said, 'You can use anything in the kitchen built in shelves and outside in the garden to create a Thanksgiving table setting. You have fifteen minutes and your time starts.....NOW".




And though Hannah has a self admitted 'creative' fashion sense, she usually doesn't mix stripes and plaids. I must explain her odd fashion choice. She's wearing a top of mine while her shirt was in the wash. It was a victim of Frida's muddy paws.

Almost done....



Though I am no India Hicks, I think she did a pretty good job.



I had the perfect amount of people. Any more and my house would have exploded, or we would have had to eat in shifts.

My Aunt Robin from LA was there...



..and spent most of the night cuddling one of the babies. Of course!

My Aunt Sara came too and did a bit of cuddling as well as satiating Greg's need to talk politics.



My cousin Whitney...



...and of course the Lee family...





All in all it was a great night. The food was good (at least I was told it was good). All I know is that the Thanksgiving meal must have a certain color palette. There needs to be brown, green, orange and white. And this, well this I think covered it....



Sadie enjoying her first Thanksgiving...



The family, taking a break before Dessert...



And don't ask, because I can't remember....but this is sort of how the night ended. A perfect ending, in so many ways...



Love,
Rosalie

2 comments:

ZDub said...

That's why we went out to eat this year!

Everything looked beautiful, including your family.

~Z

chicken said...

Honestly, that is the way EVERY Thanksgiving should end!
The food looks yummy and everyone looks happy...I'd say A Success, for sure!!