Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rainy Saturday

Hey Everyone,
Today was a rainy Saturday. Last winter seems so long ago. So long ago that it was always raining. It rained the most on chemo days. It always seemed appropriate, the weather, rainy and gray and me and Greg on the way to UCSF. He'd drop me off, I'd run in while he parked the car. Go to the lab, recite my name and birthdate for the first of many times that day, get my blood drawn, head up to the breast cancer center, wait and wait to see my oncologist, list my latest side affects, get the results from my labs, take the elevator up to the infusion center, wait and wait, get hooked up to the chemo, wait and wait and then get unhooked and we'd be on the way home and my body would be filled with chemicals wreaking havoc on my cells and it would still be raining a steady gray drizzle all the way home where I would grab my baby Sadie and be grateful that she was OK and hope to God I would be too.

Today, my friends Susannah and Amber came over with their kids, Zoey and Ruby, and we tried to be grateful together. We tried to be grateful while drinking tea, making cookies for the girls, scones for us, while keeping the girls entertained, and Frida from eating all of Sadie's soft toys (something she does when people are in the house and she gets nervous). Grateful for our health, our friendship, our beautiful daughters, our amazing loving husbands, because these are the things that can't be taken away by losing our jobs, our money, and our homes. These things are constant. These are the things that matter.
Love,
Rosalie


















5 comments:

templeleven said...

so true...

so lovely...

so fun...

the three little faces of your gratitude, so much the same as i have looked at all of you.

tia hannah

Karen Ludwig said...

A wonderful entry. Heartening for us all. We have each other.
Love,
Auntie K.

Petunia Face said...

I arrived at your house depressed and left depressed. But the difference is that when I left I knew I wasn't alone. Thank you for such a lovely rainy girlie day.

ZDub said...

Sadie is smiling! I love it!

Such cute little girlies!

amber {daisy chain} said...

I'm glad we spent such a funky rainy Saturday together, I love being a girl.