Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Sadie Wren


Hi Everyone,
It's officially been a year. And in that year, my little bird went from this...



...to this.



And we went from this...



...to this...



Wow. I have a one year old.

Even though today was her official birthday, I am planning on having a party in a few weeks (please I hope I get it together enough to pull this off, because I fear if I don't it says something about my skills as a mom!). Anyway, Greg, who is very sentimental, could not let the day go without officially recognizing it as the day of her birth. And so he went about ordering an organic chocolate cake from the local bakery, bought some flowers, a few presents (he even got her a card) and invited our neighborhood friends over to celebrate the day.



The cake was good...






Oh yeah, the cake was definitely enjoyed..




But before the cake was enjoyed there was the candles--and nobody thought this might not be the best idea for a one year old...Oh well. We've only had her a year. We are still learning!



Love,
Rosalie

2 comments:

amber {daisy chain} said...

so sweet! what a little munchkin. I love this pics of you two a year ago and now today - so much to be thankful for!! xo

anniemac said...

Haven't been to the blog in a while, since I got a short tv gig, but it's done so now I'm happy to catch up on you guys. Happy birthday once again to the little sadie bird. She looks gorgeous. Look at those curls comin' in! Caroline finally FINALLY two weeks after her first birthday, got her first two little teeth. Today I got a nice sharp bite on my finger trying to touch them...those things are like razor blades! love from your la cuzins...