Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Sadie Update



We had our second pediatrician appointment yesterday and all is good. The little mama --yes, we call her the little mama, we also call Frida little mama. And we call Sadie and Frida little girl and sometimes we say Frida when we mean Sadie and we say Sadie when we mean Frida. All of this is fine for Sadie, but it's really confusing Frida--poor pup--anyway, SADIE (the human child) has gained a whopping two pounds since birth and now officially weighs 7 pounds and 14 ounces. She has totally grown out of all her preemie outfits. We are moving on officially to the 0-3 month drawer. She's got cheeks. Super kissable cheeks.
After the appointment Greg went to work and I had my first official 'outing' yesterday as well. I went to Mill Valley with Hannah and met Nina there with Amara who also just so happened to have a pediatrician appointment too where she got her shots and looked teary eyed--not looking forward to that day for Sadie at all.
Anyway, it was great to be out--to see people and be seen. Sadie had her first stranger admirer as well--you know those people who wander over and want to know the age of your baby and compliment them and say how cute they are. I've been one of those people and it's weird to be on the other side of it. Weird and great!
So clearly, I am feeling better. Neuropathy is gone on my feet. Have been able to eat some really good soup and risotto provided by my friend Ana via her stepmom (so nice!) who came over on Saturday and also came over today to bring more (yummy carrot). I can talk again (but I still hate the phone). I have energy (I did my own laundry the other day!). My friend Amber came over that night and made pasta with meat sauce (Greg's request) and I had not one but two helpings (this is big--seriously, I haven't had seconds of anything in a long time). Forgive the photo above because Greg's office is SO MESSY, but that's Amber holding Sadie. See how big she is getting!?
I am just hoping that with round four of chemo coming up on Thursday my body can stay strong and not succumb again to those nasty side effects. I want to enjoy my newly chubby baby and my rascal of a dog--I want to get out more and visit my work friends and spend more days in the sun sipping steamed milk with my sisters and people watching.
Love,
Rosalie

4 comments:

Megan said...

What mess? I only see two of my lovely friends, and the cutest baby around! I am so glad that you got out and were able to experience an awesome new mother feeling when you yourself weren't feeling punk.

Maybe Frida feels really happy to be home, and loves the new addition. She was first in your hearts, right?

Anyhow, give Sadie a kiss for me, and then spend an extra minute smelling that wonderful baby smell knowing that this time, there is no more stopping people on the street, because the amazing baby you keep seeing everywhere is your daughter, for keeps.

amber {daisy chain} said...

Wait a second, did she get cuter after I left on Monday night?? Darn it, I think she did.

Suzanne said...

Hi Rosie, Connie just shared your site with me. I sent another comment but it may not have reached you because I didn't sign in. What great pictures. Sadie is sooo! beautiful and I love the picture of the cousins. You look just like your mom with no hair and both of you are beautiful. I hope to come for a visit with Connie next week if you are up to it. I am anxiously awaiting the birth of Graham and Erin's little boy. It looks like he will have at least two beautiful girl baby friends. Be Well! Bruce joins me in sending lots of love, Suzanne

sara said...

would you still eat meat sauce (2/20) ?? please make an announcement when you can taste more than avocados, bananas, jello, & pearl's soup. we have a post-chemo yu shang date for sure. until then, we'll try to keep greg happy. :)