Saturday, February 23, 2008

Saturday Routine




Hi All,
So day three of chemo is supposed to be the worst and today wasn't great. Mainly because my fingers are so numb so every time I try and snap one of Sadie's onsies, I get frustrated and I feel so weak. I mean, snapping a onsie is taking all my strength and concentration. Sadie is also just more work--but worth it work. She is more alert, awake more during the day and she's starting to show her little personality. Meaning, she likes to be held. All. The. Time. I am grateful I know this. It's no mystery what she wants when she starts to cry and fuss. And it's not hard holding her. But again--All. The. Time. It's made worse by my achey bones and plain tiredness thanks to Chemo. Okay, I am seriously complaining, venting and letting off a bit of steam here. Which is part of the function of this blog, so I think I'll use it.
Thankfully Nina, Dan and Amara came over. It's a regular unspoken Saturday routine which I hope they don't stop doing. Dan is the best because he takes Frida out on a walk or down to San Geronimo school and throws her a ball regardless of the weather--and today it was all stormy and raining. A few weeks ago, when it was pouring, he took her up on a massive hike up to the fire roads. Now, I know he doesn't really want to spend his Saturdays hiking about in the rain with my dog and getting soaked. He does this because he knows how much it means to me to get that dog outside at least once a day. He's doing it for me. The guy is awesome. Nina did good.
While Dan is tiring my dog out Nina and I usually watch TV and calm our fussing babies. Sadie gets some breast milk. Amara enjoys Sadie's swing. Sometimes we watch a movie (today it was Jane Austen Book Club--was okay). We make tea. We eat. We change diapers. Dan comes back from the walk and plays on our computer. He holds Sadie and marvels at how little she is compared to Amara. Then Amara starts to get sort of fussy and does this really funny monotonous yelling noise which sounds like the beginning of a Led Zeppelin song (but I don't know which one) and so they have to pack up and leave--unfortunately always right before Greg gets home from work. But today, while they were here, I was able to take some movies back to the local video store (one of three businesses out here in Forest Knolls) avoiding some late fees, get my mail and take a shower.
Poor Greg walked in on Sadie at her most fussiest but was able to walk and rock her to sleep and now they are both on the couch watching last Thursday's Hillary/Obama debate and I should be in bed getting some sleep while I can, but I wanted to blog about my Saturday routine and how great my little sister and her husband are to come and keep me company out here. Honestly, it saves me.

4 comments:

Karen Ludwig said...

All. The. Time. = Baby Sadie
Teenaged Sadie = None. Of. The. Time.
Love. All. The. Time.
Aunt. E. Karen.

Unknown said...

I'm happy that people seem to be there when you need them. Routine is nice. Everyone seems to know what you need as you do for Sadie. It nice to see the Lee Family settling in. They look very happy. Much love to the Lee's and the Moor's.

sara said...

Where would we be without our little sisters?! And their husbands! :)
I hope you're feeling OK today. . . I know you've hit the post-chemo yuck. I LOVE YOU . . it was great spending Friday with you and the lil mama. xo

Deirdre said...

Sweet Rosalie
I'm so glad you started this blog. It allow folks to keep up with the amazing life that you lead. Everyone is so very proud of you and that beautiful life your body created (despite the yucky-ness it was also dealing you). I love the comment written by Aunt E Karen. It's so very true. Infancy flies by and you wonder where it went. She is absolutely beautiful, as are you!
Big love. Deirdre