Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wasted Day

Hello Everyone,
Today was my second-to-last expander appointment. After waiting three hours in the Breast Care Center waiting room I finally go in to get expanded and am told that the scab, the very same scab I described in detail in my last post, threatened to fall off too early if I was expanded and they had to let me go without the procedure! I was so irritated. I am now off the schedule in my mind of when this is all over by a week. I guess their logic was that if they expanded my skin, the stretching would affect the scab and if it fell off to early my nipple could get infected? Be disfigured (more disfigured)? I don't know. I am so bugged. Then I get a slap in the face about feeling sorry for myself because when I go out to make an appointment to make up for the one I missed today, there is a man at the counter next to me. And this man, whose poor wife looks like she is so lost, scared, and confused, is telling the lady at the breast care center counter that they have been waiting seven (!) hours to see a doctor, that they haven't even had lunch. And the lady at the counter keeps telling him that there is a room opening up soon and he says, in that very assertive stressed voice one has when they have had it up to their eyeballs in waiting, that they don't need a room. They just need to discuss the 'diagnosis' and then you know right then the 'diagnosis' isn't good. Then I quickly start feeling sorry for myself again because I realize I have no cash in my wallet and I left my ATM card in my diaper bag. So, no ATM, no cash and I have to trek seven blocks to the nearest BofA so I can pay to get my car out of the overpriced parking garage I stupidly parked in because it only takes cash. Every twenty minutes is $2 and I am going at snails pace up because I wore uncomfortable shoes and am afraid to turn my ankle on the sketchy steep streets of San Francisco. The bank was across the street from the salon where Hannah works, so I got to say a quick hello. Maybe because I was so bugged at not being expanded, not having any money, having to walk many blocks in uncomfortable shoes, but when I walked in to that salon with all those people getting their hair done with my super short, barely there hair, I just wanted to laugh-- hysterically laugh--like a crazy lady. I just thought it was all so preposterous. These woman paying all this money to get their hair done and I walk in, with no hair at all--not even enough to get styled and I felt just with my presence, without even saying anything, I was mocking them. And I wasn't, but I felt like I was, so I wanted to. But, I didn't. I was nice. But I left quickly. Hannah's hair looked good though. Hannah has good hair. It's always good to see Hannah.
Ok, enough of my whiny complaining.
Here's something nice to end on.

Guess who sat up by herself for the first time yesterday? Oh yes, Miss Sadie Wren Moors.



Me, Nina, Amara and Sadie went to a singalong event at a play place in Novato--Safari something or other. It was fun. Sadie was entranced.
Here she is again, doing her new little sitting up trick.



After that, Nina and I speed shopped up at the mall. Sadie did well (phew! She needs to be make friends with shopping if we are to have a good mother daughter relationship. It's not mandatory, but it will sure help). Here she is in a good mood in her stroller.



Speaking of shopping. Anyone watch the Simpsons? Well, then this one is for you courtesy of Hannah, Nina and Amara.



Love,
Rosalie

2 comments:

JackeeG4glamorous said...

Time will kick your ass every time! No time, not enough time, time wasted.

Patience, whoo boy, what a trait! Your time spent in this time of limbo, is time well spent, although frustrating, I'm sure. Soon you will heal, and soon your hair will grow, and soon this past year will have flown by.

Sadie behind looks cute sitting UP!

amber {daisy chain} said...

yeah for Sadie Wren! Love the tilty sitting up picture,
xo