Tuesday, July 8, 2008

For the Die Hard Fans

Hi All,
For my loyal readers (like my Aunt Karen and Robin) and those who just are really interested in watching a baby eat solid food (well mushy is more like it) for the first time.
Let me preface this video however with a few key notes.
1. Hannah is doing the filming at Nina and Dan's house. In the room are me, Hannah, Amara, Sadie, Dan and Greg. Nina is at the gym. Nina is good like that.
2. Earlier in the day, me, Hannah and Nina took the babies to Peet's Coffee. While in line a very nice lady made a very nice comment about how cute Sadie is. But she didn't leave it at that. Nope. She also said Sadie has a very big head and then proceeded to ask how that was to push out. Hhmmm. Yes. That's exactly what I wanted to talk about with a complete stranger on a hot sunny day while in line at Peet's. The size of my baby's head and the feeling of pushing said head of out my...you get the idea.
Anyway, I made the mistake of telling my husband Greg about this little encounter. Greg is a very protective papa. You don't say anything in any way bad about his baby Sadie (not that there is anything really to say bad about Sadie, but I guess a big head fits in to that category) unless you never want to talk to Greg again and then please go ahead and say something and Greg will be out of your life forever. Okay so all of this is just to explain the side little comments Greg is making about her head---which are kind of funny, but wouldn't make sense if I didn't just take a lot of words to explain.
3. Yes, Sadie is four months younger than Amara. Yes, she weighs probably a good four pounds more than Amara. After being a bit sensitive towards the chubby comments for awhile, here's why I have now learned to care less--when you have two chemo treatments pregnant with your daughter--you would way rather her be a huge porker pudge ball pigletta than a waify little skinny scrawny weakling for sure. Not that I am saying Amara is any of those things. Amara is absolutely perfect and pretty hysterical as you can see.
4. If I could sound edit out my repetitive squealing of 'DELICIOUS', I would. The things we babble to our babies! It's a wonder they grow up talking at all.
Enjoy!




Love,
Rosalie

PS: For fans of Party of Five, NYPD Blue and other various shows, click this to see my Aunt Karen and her acting chops. She left the link in the comments section, but it doesn't work. Hopefully this does. Be warned the Ethel Rosenberg stuff is kind of heavy--at least for me it is--it's hard to separate the acting from reality when it's a family member!

5 comments:

sara said...

i have a big head- it's worked well for me ! a BA, MS, MD and a lovely partner.
aunt sara

i have a dainty head- it's worked well for me- go to:
www.independentartistsagency.com/LudwigKaren/Karen.html

to see my reel.
auntie k

we both enjoy solid food and look forward to the day you'll be feeding us mechanical soft while we drool & coo.

sara said...

corrected edress:

http://www.independentartistsagency.com/LudwigKaren/
Karen.html

auntie k

Jen said...

I read your post regularly, thanks to Petunia Face, and just had to comment. Being the mom that I am, I just have to say that I was so delighted to see Sadie so interested in eating. With each eager mouthful I got so excited! With a 2 year old at home that could care less about food (other than cookies and fruit snacks) it was a pleasure to watch! Thanks for sharing! :-)

Pretty Widow said...

I too am a faithful reader. I loved seeing your aunt's clips! Thanks for sharing.
Diane

Marsha said...

Wow, Your aunt is a powerhouse actor! So talented. I'm jealous - my piddling local plays and musicals don't hold a candle. You should be proud of her.