Friday, October 31, 2008

Blog Nonsense

Hi Everyone,
Ok, this privatizing my blog is driving me crazy. First of all, I need to acknowledge all the nice responses from so many kind strangers wanting to still get access. I thought the only ones who read it it were my aunts and my cousin Judy and the biggest Sadie stalker out there, Miss Hannah Beth. Which brings up the whole reason I decided to privatize my blog. Stalker weirdness. I never thought of it, really I didn't, until this lady here...



...who I won't name because she clearly values her anonymity, asked me if I ever worried about posting pictures of my baby up on the old world wide web where everyone can see her. Hhhmmmmm.. No. I never did. And I never thought about writing about where I live along with the photos either. But after she asked me, well I sure started thinking about it and I freaked myself out. I mean there are some creepy people out there. So, this is why I decided to make it accessible to only those who I allowed. However, I had no idea all the problems this would cause. The biggest being that probably the only real Sadie stalker, the aforementioned older sister of mine Hannah Beth, hasn't figured out how to sign up for the blog (it's not really a password situation, sorry for that confusion) and returned from New York FREAKING OUT because she couldn't access it. She even called me at work all in a tizzy demanding I immediately give her access or else she would lose it...her being in serious Sadie withdrawal mode. So this is why I keep changing it from private to non-private and all that.

Anyway, I'm sort of losing my paranoia too, as the days wear on and I worry about other things, like keeping my job in this crazy economy so we can keep this house over our heads, and all the people I have worked with for years and years who have recently lost their job, and the fact that my baby has had a cold for almost a month and hacks every morning like person who smokes three packs a day and how I never see, and will never see, my husband during daylight hours because he works on the weekends and I work on the week days. Yeah, work. Back at it. Not the best timing to say the least. Being away from Sadie is hard, but not as hard as I thought it would be because I know she's having fun at Annie's. Every morning, when she's dropped off, she leans in to Annie, reaching for her and never looks back. I have to say, I have mixed feelings about this. Sure I don't want my kid throwing a small tantrum every morning, but then again, I'd like to think she missed me a little too. Anyway, I thought going back to work would be like riding a bike, but I feel like my mind is made of mush and people are talking to fast about things I don't understand. I've been away a long time and have gone through a lot during that time. Most days, over the past few months, I think I sang the Itsy Bitsy Spider more than I spoke a full sentence. I've only been back a week and a half. I shouldn't be so hard on myself.

So, happy halloween and have a lovely weekend.





Love,
Rosalie

6 comments:

jennyc said...

Thanks for the access! That "lady" sure is smart. Happy Halloween!

Dianne said...

Thanks for letting me be part of your family. Love the pictures of Sadie. Such a cute pumpkin!!! Work will get easier but you will always long to be home with her. It's just part of being a mom.

ZDub said...

I LOVE Sadie's get-up! She's adorable.

I also debated with the kids/pictures privacy thing. I keep our last name off of it and I try to keep people guessing where we live. Too many creeps.

Glad you are keeping it open to all of us, I enjoy keeping up with you and Sadie!

Megan said...

Well, we all know it's in that "lady's" genes...

Thanks for the update... I'm sure things will soon start to firm up for you at work too! Your little fleur is tres adorable..

Unknown said...

Sadie loves you best. I think she is used to being with other people and that's why she goes to Annie so easily. My mom would say kids that don't get enough attention throw tantrums and well adjusted kids know you love them and that you will be back for them. She looks happier than ever. 10 months suits her!!! You're doing great and every mom has a hard time going through this. Be calm and Sadie will follow. Xo

chicken said...

Thanks for the access!
I love Sadie's costume! SOO cute!