Sunday, April 13, 2008

Happy Quarter Birthday




Sadie is three months old today. She commemorated the event by doubling her smiles and coos (more like ahgoos and goyaas) and reversed tradition by giving us a gift: sleeping from 9 PM to 7 AM in the morning! Unfortunately, Greg and I did not take proper advantage of this Sadie gift and opted to wake ourselves up every two hours to make sure she was still breathing.
Today because of the awesome weather we took a left on Sir Francis Drake (for once) and headed out to the town of Bolinas to hang out on the beach. Upon arrival I had a minor tantrum because I realized I had brought my newly three month old daughter to the beach on a warm sunny day with no sunscreen or shade making item (like an umbrella or little tent like all the other smart moms seemed to have). I was so mad at myself. My sister Hannah managed to find a good shady spot but we had to share it with a lady who talked to her dog like it was her deadbeat boyfriend. And Nina had some baby sunscreen. But, we all didn't think of food, except Hannah who for some reason brought a really big English cucumber. So there we are on the beach, us three Watson sisters passing a cucumber back and forth. Must have been a pretty funny sight. I would have captured the moment if the other dumb thing I didn't do was charge my camera battery. So, Sadie's (and Amara's) first trip to the beach was not captured. We are all planning The Beach Part Two maybe next weekend where will bring and umbrella (or little tent like thing), a big beach-appropriate blanket (all I had was this knit thing that had holes so sand was seeping up through it), tons of yummy food, sunscreen, a charged camera and WATER.
Love,
Rosalie
Pictures above:
1. Sadie at her BEST
2. Sadie at her WORST
3. Just Sadie

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the bottom picture. She's so unimpressed.

LoSan said...

Miss Sadie Cupcake is adorable. I love this blog Ro, keep it going!! xo-lo.