Monday, September 8, 2008

Babies and Kittens

Hi Everyone,
I'm just about ready to blog about how I don't like my new boobs and then I find this among the blogosphere and once again, it just feels petty. So, in lieu of ranting about cancer and the loss of my breasts, I am using my old standby in order to keep everyone entertained.

At the pool the other day, Sadie discovered Amara's hair. How cute are these cousins?




And in other news, my dad and his girlfriend adopted three kittens. The little black one is named Sophia. Cute. Not so cute was when my dad saw Sadie the other day and said, 'Hey Sophia!', and I had to remind him her name was SADIE and she was his GRANDDAUGHTER and not a little precocious black kitty. Thankfully Sadie is to young to feel slighted and befriended Sophia anyway.





These were taken at their house (was my house, my mom and dad's house, now Sam and Patty's house which is always strange, but that's life, right?). They had a BBQ. I met her family. Nice people. I think I scared them all a bit when I was leaving and they all said how wonderful I looked (you know, for just having cancer) and I shot back something like, 'Yeah whatever, but I can't feel my boobs', and then I got some blank stares and quickly exited.

Here's another photo of another kitten. I think this one is El Tigre, not sure, her twin sons named them. They are 11.



I like this photo because he blends in with the counter, and because you can all see my high school studio portrait. Do they even do those anymore?

Not in to kittens? Here's some more babies.



They grow so fast. I know it's a cliche, but this seems like yesterday....



What's funny about that photo is their size difference. Now, Amara is wearing Sadie's old clothes! The tables have sure turned.



This is Sadie and my friend Sharen. Her son Spencer turned two and we went to the party, well the tail end of it. It's so hard to get anywhere before 2 PM because of the 'nap'. I used to get so exasperated with all my friends who had kids before me. We were always working plans around the nap and I didn't get why. It was one of the very few things I knew I had to have a kid to understand.

And speaking of it all going so fast, look what Sadie grew.



No, not the drooly spit bubble, though she can sure blow those, it's a tooth! Ugh. It's all going way way to fast.

Love,
Rosalie

1 comment:

jennyc said...

i wouldn't mind hearing about your new boobs. it's okay to complain sometimes.