Friday, January 25, 2008

The many faces of Sadie





Hi,
So I have been known to make faces since I was a little girl. My family has this great video taken a few months after we moved off The Farm when we lived at my Grandmother's house while we searched for a permanent place to live. I think my Aunt Robin or Great Grandmother asked me a question about eating my strawberries and I went in to a tourette's like fit of various faces and poses for no reason whatsoever other than just wanting to make faces. If I had a dollar for how many times my parent's said, 'if that face should freeze' then..blah blah you know the rest.
So it is with great joy that I discovered Sadie, at the ripe old age of 12 days likes making faces too! Especially because so far, I think she looks just like Greg and have been having a hard time seeing me in her. I did my best to capture them, but honestly, she can do like 10 in a split second--and then falls right back to sleep. Very entertaining.
Love,
Rosalie

4 comments:

Megan said...

Staring at a little baby face is so much fun, you can do it for hours. I just have NO clue what it would be like if the baby was your own!

Karen Ludwig said...

i loved those faces you made in the midst of some tense moment when everyone was expecting something that no one could deliver, you would bug out your eyes and stick your tongue to the side and everyone had to smile because in some way you were telling the truth.
like mommy like daughter. daughter. wow.
a much more profound word now.
love you,
auntie k.

sara said...

Sara Roditi here. I have news for you. Sadie Wren is just like you. She's a day sleeper & a people pleaser.
xoxox

Karen Ludwig said...

True words about sisters.
Sisterhood!
Yeah!
Menopause. Womanpause. Not so bad.
Just another passage which requires cooler air, sometimes. Greg knows what I mean.

Your mommy, my sister, Linda, is smiling.

Love,
Auntie K.