Thursday, January 24, 2008

Night Time Rant


Hi,
I am trying to concentrate on the good things I have: great friends, unbelievable support, amazing husband, family, beautiful daughter, sweet little pup-because chemo side effects suck. What's with this neuropathy on my feet? I am hobbling around like an old lady. The sea grass rug in Sadie's room has turned in to some kind of torture. It's also starting in my hands. And my mouth feels all cut up and dry and nothing tastes good. I can't eat it hurts to much anyway. I weigh less than I did at the start of my pregnancy--normally this would make me really happy, having always struggled with my weight, but this isn't how I wanted to lose it. Ugh.
Anyway, the above photo was taken last week when the side effects hadn't kicked in and I still had this sort of silly hope they never would and that my maternity leave would truly be just like a vacation with a baby. Hah. Not exactly.
Ok. Thanks for letting me vent, or for reading my venting. Going to gargle with salt water and put my feet up and kiss my baby and get some sleep while Greg watches political stuff in the living room (his favorite evening past time).
xo
Ro

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, don't laugh because I am serious--do you want some plush booties? Ugly as sin but as buttery as, well, a soft stick of butter. Would it help with your feet at all? I can get you a pair lickety split! You know you've been missing silver sage.
And if it works, I can whip up a pair of mittens for your hands. Not so much a mouth guard, though...

amber {daisy chain} said...

R - Is there anything the doctors suggest for your mouth? I'm sure it's important ot have you eating right now for strength, I will look into this.

S - great ideas! totally get her some booties, those would be so perfect! And, you did make me a mouth gaurd when my lips exploded, so that was nice.

sara said...

sara h's thots:
-buy slip-on tempur-pedic mules - $5.99@Long's or Walgreen's or i will loan you mine via hannah
-drink protein smoothies
(forget those liver smoothies made famous on SNL)
-weight loss is to be expected

Rosalie said...

Thanks for the advice! I am all for some booties and tempurpedic mules--sounds soothing.
As for food--I do agree it's smoothies if anything at all. Today I tried tuna (why I don't know) and all I tasted was salty flesh. It's like I am immune to the actual taste of food and it's just texture that I sense. Very weird.

Megan said...

Ask your doc for lidocaine mouthwash, maybe they can Rx it. It has saved me a jillion times when my mouth was excruciating. It really can help w/ eating after a while (you have to be extra careful about chewing)

Unknown said...

so funny... as i'm reading i'm thinking 'aha, plushy resto booties is what she needs' they're like wearing the softest teddy bears on your feet. way to go 's'.

The Spicers said...

Great blog. I'm thinking of you and your chemo-with-a-new-baby every time I start to feel sorry for myself. Praying for your full recovery and a long life to enjoy your beautiful daughter.