Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Man



Sometimes we forget that the people who love someone going through a hard time are in almost the same pain as the people going through the hard time. Well, at least I forget. It all feels like it's just happening to me, but it's not. So, I just wanted to write a little about my husband Greg who has been so strong throughout all that is happening to me, us, and our little family that has just sprouted up.
Greg made me laugh so much in the hospital that I had to tell him to stop because I was afraid my stitches would fall out (yeah, I tore--ugh). He made me laugh after spending five nights on a springy uncomfortable hospital bed while nurses come in and out to deliver me IV antibiotics. After watching his wife be strung along for three days in various stages of pain and labor while numerous nurses and doctors politicked about the best way to get my baby out. Well, actually he didn't just watch--the man joined in and even though I hate confrontation, I can honestly say, if he hadn't stepped up, I think I would still be on that birthing bed in excruciating pain while another on call OB came up with another 'plan'.
Since we have come home, he has taken night duty with Sadie, camping out on the couch, armed with his arsenal of filled bottles, orange tic tacs (slight addiction of his) and the remote control so I can sleep and heal from my chemo treatment.
But mainly, when I think I can't handle the fear of going through all this (probably severely compounded by postpartum hormones) and start to fall apart, he tells me he won't let anything happen to me. And I believe him.
Love,
Rosalie

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what a wise, humble and brave woman you are. wise to recognize your soulmate shares your pain along with his own, humble to put him in the spotlight, and brave to wear your heart on your sleeve and share your story with all of us.

with love & healing energy,

Anonymous said...

I love this post. I love your blog. I love your baby, your man and you. Notice I'm not calling anymore? :)
Happy Sunday night.

Unknown said...

as far as horrible situations go, your's is pretty horrible, but it is amazing to see all the love. the comments to your posts make me cry everytime. The people are so random (Linda Bell, Olivia and Preston). It just goes to show you there is love coming in more directions than you know.
it's really beautiful. I hope you can feel it 24/7 asit's coming at you with all of it's healing powers. Greg rules!

Megan said...

I always knew that Greg was a solid guy. I could tell this because he really likes Elvis Costello. Enough said!

Gift of Green said...

Agree, agree, agree. Beautiful post.